-----

"Anodizing A206 Aluminum Castings"

Q. Great site, thank you all very much for the information!

I was searching for 'anodizing A380', and via thread 40973, see that Si content could be a (or the) big issue.

Then I searched 'anodizing A206', and did not get any results.

Thus, my question:
Knowing that anodizing of cast AL is...tricky to begin with, if anodizing of A380 is relatively impractical due to Si content, is A206 a significantly better choice due to having no Si content?

Thank you in advance.
Brian.

Brian Sweet
- Cedar Park, Texas, USA
^

A. With a Cu content up to 5%, this casting would also be tricky to anodize, but not impossible. What is the end use of your part? Is the anodic coating being used for wear or corrosion resistance, or strictly for aesthetics?

anodizer - Boise, Idaho
^