-----

"Resuming electroless nickel plating after interruption"

Q. I AM ASKED TO PLATE NICKEL ELECTROLESS ON ALREADY NICKEL ELECTROLESS PLATED ALUMINUM BASE IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE A HIGHER THICKNESS. DO I NEED TO ACTIVATE IT FIRST, AND IF SO HOW DO I ACTIVATE IT? THANKS.

Michael Kofi
CHEMICAL ENGINEER - ITALY
^

A. Hi Michael.

I am assuming that these are parts which you plated and which you know the history of. If not, I would not take any responsibility and only do it on a best efforts basis.

If the parts of of such shape that you can get current to all areas for a Wood's Nickel Strike, I think it's possible. If the parts were electroless plated because you can't get current to the whole plated area, I don't think anything but strip and replate can work. Other readers may have more encouraging experience :-)

^