-----

"Electroplating for close tolerance"

Q. I have a customer who components are have ID requirement of 6 microns tolerance. This also needs electro plating.
I am unable to figure out what is the best electroplating to adopt to get parts with in tolerance.

Please advise.

Jay

Jay Patel
- India
^

A. I find that interesting. 6 microns = 0.0002 inches.
Not many QC departments can measure ID's with that consistency. I have not seen many machine shops that can machine that closely and many that can't grind that closely.

It boils down to you would have to have perfect measurement of the ID before plate and then each one would have to be individually plated, or overplated and honed back to size.

A slow electroless plating solution would be the only possibility that I can think of.

^