-----

"Aluminum detection in small (10-20 micron diameter) holes"

Q. I need to have a method to detect whether some holes (10-20 microns external diameter) are filled with Al or if the Al was covered by an organic contaminant during my process.

I need a way to change the color of the holes filled with Al so to distinguish those from the ones that are contaminated and do not have exposed Al.

I thought of Al coloration: do you know about any reagent for that?

I also thought of Al etching that could produce a discoloration of the holes where the Al is not contaminated and could be used for this test. I found a reagent that etches without changing the colour, but maybe with a different type of reagent, this colour change could appear?

Does anybody know a solution?

I thank you ALL in advance.

Kind regards,

Sofia Nogueira
- Porto, Portugal
^