RMS Roughness of SPI/SPE Finishes?

2000

Being new to finishes and an optics person, I am trying to get some correlation between say an A-1 finish and an RMS roughness value on either a steel part or a finished molded piece. I haven't been able to find any place that correlates finishes and RMS value per the SPI/SPE finish. I would love for someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks

Shane
- Seymour, IN, USA

2001

Dear Shane: Though a little late I hope that if you haven't found someone my hint will help.

Check at the web a company named Mold-Tech, I think I read that they even make a portable surface comparator with both readings (SPE and RMS). We also are in the surface finish business.

Bye. Guillermo (Bill) Marrufo