23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

EDUCATION IS THE KEY: DIPPING WHEELS IN CHROME

(2000)

HI. my name is Charles. My interest is in what's called by hot rodders as "chroming rims or chrome dipped rims". I am ignorant to the process of doing this.

Currently I am looking for material to educate myself as to the process. if anyone knows any information which would be helpful please feel free to let me know. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION.

CHARLES G [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- WASH, DC.

(2000)

Thanks for visiting finishing.com, Charles. Everything you want to know on that subject is right here. Please start with our Chrome Plating Tutorial. After that, please search the site and be prepared to spend some time here. Thanks.

(2002)

How do you dig aluminum finish wheels to make them white?

Arcilio D [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA

"Dig" aluminum wheels? Sorry, Arcilio, no idea what you're speaking of; if it's a typo, sorry but I can't figure it out.