SURFACE DEFECTS ON HOT DIP GALVANIZED STEEL SHEET

(2000)

Q. Dears,

I am a working as a quality control Inspector in Pakistan Steel for 17 years and I want to improve my technical knowledge & skills about surface defects on hot-dip galvanized steel sheet.

Please send me details about surface defects with pictures and their causes on hot-dip galvanized steel sheet.

I will be very thankful to you if you will send me details about surface defects of hot-dip galvanizing.

Ayub Naqvi
steel - Karachi, PAKISTAN

(2001)

A. Hello,

You can find related information in the book "Faults in Hot Dip Galvanizing" [link is to info about book on Amazon] by Dietrich Horstmann Verlag 1983 Stahleisen MBH Dusseldorf Germany.

Oktay Elkoca
iron and steel works - Kdz. Eregli, Zonguldak, Turkey

(2001)

Q. I would to know any informations about optimalizations of quality hot dip galvanized steels for automobile industry

Peter Sucka
- Kosice - Slovakia

(2006)

Q. I would like to have pictures of quality defects of a flat product hot dip galvanized steel.

Sami Ali
steel manufacturing - Saudi Arabia

A. Dear Friends

If you need more information about hot-dip galvanizing, including its properties, defects and optimization, you can go to:
www.teckcominco.com/Generic.aspx?PAGE=Products+%26+Services+Pages%2fTechnical+Library&portalName;=tc

Hamed Asgari
- Isfahan, Iran

Q. Why white patch marks is coming in my hot dip galvanizing process

Manas Mukherjee
Quality Head - Patna, Bihar, India

February 19, 2013 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. May you advise with list of hot dip galvanizing' defects and how we define that an end product of hot dip galvanizing process is perfect or acceptable?

I am facing hot dip galvanizing quality issues.

What is the test we can conduct to ensure the hot dip galvanizing quality?

Huang Yau Ang
Agriculture - Butterworth, Penang, Malaysia

A. Hi Huang. Please consider retaining a galvanizing consultant to see you through this process. There are thousand-page books just on the subject of galvanizing defects if you wish to go that route. Sorry, but I don't know how anyone could condense such books into the few paragraphs appropriate for a public forum. People spend lifetimes learning this technology.

If you have specific questions we're pleased to try to help, of course.