-----

"Need Masking Tape for Gold and Silver Plating"

2000

Hi, My name is Gary,

I produce a range of goods for several companies including my own, I am interested in developing my products using a masking tape to protect certain areas from plating, both Silver and 24 carat gold plate.

Can you help me find the best masking tape to use.

Gary J [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- ENGLAND
^

Platers Tape

Affiliate Link
(finishing.com earns commission on what you buy after clicking)

Hi, Gary.

The tape manufacturers offer a vinyl adhesive tape they call "plater's tape". It's very similar to electricians' black tape except it's a bit heavier (probably so it runs straighter) and it's usually not black; yellow and tan are common colors. 3M, Sequoia, and others offer it to my recollection. Good luck with it.

^