Effect of Silicon content in CRCA

Q. I am reverse engineering a product and I know that the material is CRCA but I have found traces of Si in it around 0.07-0.08 and other all properties matches CRCA material specifications.
Can anyone help me what role does Silicon play in it as we have not found traces of Si in our other CRCA products.

Neel Mehta
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

? Hi Neel. I suspect you'll make faster progress is you can tell us what this object is, rather than just saying you found silicon in CRCA. Knowing the function of the part may help explain the function of the silicon, whereas blue sky ideas of all possible reasons for & functions of silicon, or its accidental presence, may not help you much ... and my experience here is that most of the readers just skip the abstract questions anyway. But good luck.