Immisicible liquid (like oil) forms in my tin plating bath

After carbon treatment I started to encounter a immiscible liquid like oil that floats in my solution. Though I tried to scoop that every day, the following day you will see it again.

What do you think is the probable root cause of that?
I checked already the temperature which might cause disintegration if too high temp. is applied.
Please advise.

Alex Tan
- China

A. Hello Alex,
If you have ruled out all the obvious sources of an oily substance, check the expiration date on the additives for the tin bath. In addition, make sure your new tin anodes are washed and clean before they go in the bath. Anode bags should be dynel or polypro and should be leached in 10% sulfuric for at least 12 hours, rinsed in hot water before anodes are bagged.

Process Engineer - Malone, New York, USA