Plating on a Steel chute used with aluminum product

Q. I have an application where a steel trap door (or chute) will be opened to dispense aluminum caps. The aluminum caps may sit against the steel trap door/chute for several months. I am concerned about corrosion reaction between the aluminum product and the steel trap door/chute. As well as looking for an appropriate coating to the trapdoor/chute to prevent corrosion. I am also concerned about the wear of the corrosion
protection of the trap door as the aluminum product is dispensed.
Any guidance ?

Bill Kunz
product designer - Cleveland, Ohio, USA

First of two simultaneous responses -- November 8, 2013

A. I would clean it real well and dry it very well. Then cover it with UHMWPE tape. It is available in a variety of thicknesses and widths and even adhesives.
Wears well and is as slippery as Teflon.
Not that expensive to try it out.

Second of two simultaneous responses -- November 8, 2013

A. Bill,
Perhaps Plastisol would work for you. Best of luck.

blake kneedler
Blake Kneedler
Feather Hollow Eng. - Stockton, California

help wanted ad
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]
Plating Supervisor [Chicago]
Plating Quality Inspector [Chicago]