Need To Clean Aluminum 6061-T6 with Acid etch Process for Ultra High Vacuum Chamber Application

Q. I would like to clean the Aluminum (6061-T6) through the acid etch process. The parts will be used in Vacuum chamber which will be getting 10^-6 torr to 10^-9 torr vacuum. I would like to get full process chart with the chemical composition and temperature and time for the acid etch/cleaning process. The final surface finish would be Satin Matte finish. Also please mention any standard process/ standard anywhere available to buy and I will buy it.
This product will be using in high vacuum. To reduce the outguessing we need to chemically clean the aluminum.

Herry Patel
- Rockaway, New Jersey, USA

A. Hi Herry,

Rather than trying to self-formulate I would suggest you talk to one or all of the major suppliers of cleaning products such as Henkel, Chemetall, Atotech, Macdermid...

A quick search in the internet will reveal a number of suppliers in your area, alternatively check through the supporting advertisers on this site.

Brian Terry
Aerospace - Yeovil, Somerset, UK

help wanted ad
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]
Plating Supervisor [Chicago]
Plating Quality Inspector [Chicago]