Throwing power problem?

Q. Hi every one....

I'm an electroplater who works with a 10 liter machine for plating of gold items with Rh, Ru, Au.
We are going to buy a 60 liter machine. But I'm a little worried about throwing power in the new machine, if it will turn to a problem. Please help me. Regarding the increased distance between anode and cathode, is that factor likely to cause a problem?

Mary Ma
- Iran

February 21 , 2013

A. Hi Mary. You may need slightly higher voltage, but I doubt that throwing power will become a problem. Throwing power relates to how well areas of the part that are low current density (far from the anodes) plate in comparison to areas of the part that are close to the anodes. If you were not using specially shaped auxiliary anodes, moving the items further from the anodes will very slightly improve the LCD to HCD relationship, rather than aggravate it.

thumbs up signHi Ted, Many Thanks to your response,O.K. I'm now more confident about this phenomena.
We are using typical meshed platinized titanium anodes and we electroplate jewelry sets. I don't think that they have extra-ordinary shapes. :)

Mary Ma
- Iran