Hardcoat Anodizing Defect - Buildup?

Q. We had some 7075-T651 parts anodized (MIL-A-8625 Type III, Class 2 Black) and about half of the parts turned out fine, but the other half has what seems to be this nasty buildup in the inside edged...as if the anodizing created fillets. Seems very odd to us that some are fine and some are not. The parts were all in the same batch. I took some pictures comparing different features of the good and bad parts.

buildup on anodized parts 1

buildup on anodized parts 2

buildup on anodized parts 3

Click graphics for higher rez

I couldn't find anything talking about this kind of build-up. Did they do something wrong with the anodizing process? I'm definitely going to let them know, since these parts are unusable now (mates in the assembly are messed up due to the buildup in the edges).

Any info would be great!

Jory St Luise
- Bothell, Washington, USA