23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Suitability of Dacromet to Sunlight and Outdoor Exposure

(2000)

Q. I would like to know what is the experience of Dacromet coatings used exposed to outdoor, like sun light, rain, snow etc

I am using dacromet 320 in springs, used in outdoors.

Sergio Yamazaki
- Sao Paulo, Brazil

Spring Design & Manufacture

(2000)

A. Dacromet is a registered trademark of Metal Coatings International. Your best chance for finding information on this coating is to ask the vendor directly. Vendors are usually very knowledgable about things like this.

I do not have direct experience with Dacromet, so I can only refer you to the company. I can tell you that Dacromet is used in cars (somewhere), so it has some amount of weatherability.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan

(2001)

A. Dear Sergio

Dacromet is a clear gray coat, with a look of aluminium. As far as I know, its aspect doesn't change with sun, including the black finishing Dacromet called Dacrokote. Its reaction to water will be to darken a little bit, but it will still be from clear to medium clear gray.

Olivier Bost
- Buzancais, France