Additives in Electrodeposition

(2000)

Hello everybody,

I'm a post-doc working in electrodeposition and I'm trying to find any information about additives in electrodeposition, because I want to increase the quality of my deposit (different cations and different solvents) decreasing the deposition rate and increasing the number of active points. Could somebody help me?

marisol martin gonzalez
- berkeley, California, USA

(2000)

I am assuming that you want specific details about the chemistry of electroplating bath additives. Unfortunately, most of this sort of chemistry is proprietary information. Plating chemical vendors invest a significant amount of money developing new additives (brighteners, wetting agents, etc.) and they need to protect themselves from other people taking and using the information for free that required a large investment to attain.

You may be able to find some basic information. There are also home-brew/black-magic additives that the platers used in "the good old days."

You may want to contact one of these plating chemical vendors directly to see if they would like to get involved and/or sponsor your research. If they are interested in your post-doc research, you might be able to work out some sort of partnership where they will allow you access to their information.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan