-----

Best thickness for 316 Stainless Steel cladding

Q. Thanks everyone, this is one of the most complete sites I found regarding stainless steel.

I would like your advice in the following.

I need to make a comparison between stainless steel cladding thickness of 2mm and 3mm.

For sure 3mm will be better than 2mm. But what is the durability of one another comparison? How many years would you expect to last with 2mm and 3mm?

The weather conditions I work with are quite demanding, usually over 90% air humidity and over 25° C.

Jose Marques
E&M Engineer - China

A. Hi Jose.

My experience with clad stainless steel was for chemical exposure in scrubbers and other equipment. I find it hard to believe that a cladding of 2 mm thickness would not last essentially forever in normal atmospheric situations. How much is 1-1/2 times infinity again? :-)

thumbs up signThank you for your prompt reply.

Jose Marques
- China