-----

Home Made Corrosion Test for 80/20 SnPb Solder Plated Copper

Q. Is there someone who could help me?

I need to know if there is a home made corrosion test for a 80/20 SnPb Solder Plated Copper -- can any one help me to pick the reagent? I thought of H2SO4 but I think this is kind of aggressive.

Appreciate your help!

Robert

Roberto Labardini
environmental chemists - Mexico

A. Hi Robert. It's hard for me, and possibly other readers, to understand what your question is about. What is the function of this home-made corrosion test. What do you expect it to tell you? Most accelerated corrosion tests are not for the purpose of determining the suitability of a coating to an application, but to assure that a formerly controlled process has not gotten out of control. A homemade accelerated corrosion test that you can do a web search for is "CAMRI test".

Also, lead-bearing solder is quite out of favor. Are you sure you will be able to market your product with 80/20 tin-lead solder?