-----

How to make glass hydrophylic with nano titanium dioxide coatings

Q. Can some one help me produce this at home?

Do you just add titanium dioxide to vinegar and alkali solution ?

Jay Roy
- England

I have zero knowledge of the process that you are asking about. I do know that adding vinegar to an alkaline solution will bring a very strong reaction. Possibly violent!

Vinegar and an alkali will form sodium acetate and hydrogen gas. Is sodium acetate what you are looking for?

As far as I am aware, it takes very strong solutions to break the titanium oxide bond. Even if that worked, how do you plan to get a nano particle and if it does, how do you plan to get it to adhere?

Silicate solutions are sometimes used to get very tiny particles of teflon to stick to metal. Silicate that are bone dry are as hard as concrete to get off.