-----

Anodizing Process Risk Management

Q. I am in the middle of preparing for an AS9100 Rev C audit and was wondering if anyone out there has come up with a process outline for risk management for a metal finishing process?

We perform anodizing but I think most processes would follow a very similar sequence. Also my idea of the process is from materials procurement to shipment.

Tim Hamlett
Tim Hamlett, CEF
- West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

I'm not sure what you mean by process outline? This past weekend I wrote up a procedure for risk management, which was rather generic but accepted by the QA manager. The procedure mostly stated that it was managements duty to determine the risks of a job and to figure out ways to reduce risks, and then to communicate it with the appropriate employees. I also generated a work sheet as an "easy" way to deal with each new job that comes through the door. It just asks for the processes for a part, the potential risks with each part and how we could minimize each risk.
I'm not sure this is entirely helpful but I hope it does help. I've spent the past 2 months doing a massive overhaul of my company's QMS. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I hope to finish it this week.

Aimee Longacre
- Savannah, Georgia, USA