-----

Copper paint for heat control

Q. If I painted copper on a surface would it resist heat like real copper?

Al Sim
- USA

Hi Al.

You are implying something that I am not understanding, and I can't try to answer until I understand what that is. I don't know what you mean by "resist heat like real copper". Please take a few sentences to describe what action you would like to take, and what benefit you want it to deliver. Thanks.

Hi Al!

I can tell you that when I heat treat steel parts that are copper plated (the plating helps protect the steel from high temperature oxidation) I have to double the amount of heat-up time I've figured on. The copper reflects the radiant heat.

I don't know if this observations pertains to your question, but I hope it helps.

Have fun!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist - E. Aurora, New York