-----

Evaporation for plating waste water

Q. As everyone knows the EPA is cracking down and therefore the cities are making it more difficult to push our rinse waters through the city. So I am looking to Evaporate my rinse waters. I have tried a polypro Evaporator but no luck; it went out 2 months later and I don't have the time to babysit a huge machine when we are so small a company. Right now I use Electric Heaters, bringing the rinse waters to 195° F with air agitation. I had some trouble after a few months because of the acids eating at the heaters. I want to separate the rinse waters from my two main lines and see if I can put my Sulfuric Anodize line in one tank with Teflon heaters and my Electro line with hydrochloric acids in another tank with a different type of heater. I do not know if this will work and I am open to new ideas that will be more cost effective and feasible for my company.

Sarah Smallwood
Director Of Operations - Garland, Texas, USA

A. Hi Sarah,

You may consider to use retardation separation as an option.

Kind regards

Dominik Michalek
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia