-----

Hexavalent chrome product replacements (Meets MIL-C-5541 Class 1A)

Q. Hi, I was recently employed by surface treatments division in an airline and I've been searching for good proven hexavalent chrome conversion coating replacements (Alternatives To Alodine 1200S), I found AC-131 (Boegel), and preKoat. Do you know any good replacements currently being used in the industry? I've been searching for the QPL-81706 but can't seem to find it. Anyway, if you had any good or bad experiences with this chrome free products I would greatly appreciate all the knowledge you can give me. Thank you.

John Rodriguez
- Santiago, RM, Chile

Hi John,

The QPL has been changed to the QPD, basically going from a list to a database (semantics I know, but there you go).

Go to Assist quicksearch and you'll find the QPD and a list of all approved materials.

Brian Terry
Aerospace - Yeovil, Somerset, UK