-----

What is "eloxadize" finish?

We are a metal stamping manufactory; a few days ago I was caught by a finishing that I have never seen, it is eloxadize finish from German drawing. What is it? What's the difference between eloxadize and anodize? Could someone help me with this question? Thanks.

Bright Huang
- China

Hi, Bright.

I don't see any reference to this being a trademark, but certainly will acknowledge it if so informed.

Eloxal appears to be shorthand for "electrolytic oxidation of aluminum", and per the descriptions I've read from some shops who offer it, they mean conventional aluminum anodizing. However! Some other shops seem to feel that the "oxal" part of the word should imply "oxalic" acid additions to the process, which in turn might imply "Type 2-1/2" anodizing.

So it already means different things to different people, and you must determine from the purchaser exactly what they expect. Good luck.