-----

Electrodeposition of gold nanotube in AAO (anodic aluminum oxide) or PAA (polyacrylic acid) membrane

My projects is on electrodeposition of gold nanotube in AAO (or PAA) membrane.

I have been told, I need to electroplate the gold on ITO substrate using cyanide free bath. I have found couple of recipes using thiosulfite-sulfite electroplating bath, to be honest I have never done electroplating. I am in optic group and they all know more about optic and plasmonics rather than electrochemistry and I am not sure how it would work on ITO glass, I am quite new to this and feel alone in my project.

I don't know what would be the best way to ask but I would like to ask if anyone kindly can direct me or give me a suggestions or send me some of similar project or notes. This would path the way in my project (I do appreciate in advance).

Many Thanks
Ali

Ali Mansourian
student - London, United Kingdom

Hi, Ali

There is a simple way to not be alone on that subject: order gold plating solution from a vendor like Technic. The vendors will have every type of gold plating solution, made up and balanced, with proper additives and full instructions to work properly. Gold is so expensive that the extra cost of a proprietary solution can be incidental.