Polishing Painted Aluminum for the First Time?

2000

I am new to polishing I have no idea were to start I would like to tackle a polishing job on my motorcycle due to the high cost of polishing. I do understand that there is/can be a lot of work involved but I am ready I would like to polish several painted aluminum parts first the wheels, frame and swing arm. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I need even the basics books classes kits tools anything! Thanks Ernest

Ernest Fox III
- Raleigh,NC,USA

Hi, Ernest. letters 800, 1831, and 10917 go into substantial detail about aluminum polishing. Good luck!

2000

I just wanted to say finishing.com has been a great help. The advice I received was not only great but it made things a lot easier I have stripped the paint from my motorcycle wheels and followed the advice on polishing aluminum they look great and I have already had a friend ask me to show them! Just a little info for anyone who needs it took me about 3 hours to do one while it was still mounted to the bike and the tire! Thanks again!

Ernest Fox III
Raleigh,NC,USA

We're happy to hear of your success. That's certainly a nice thing to say, and we thank you for taking the time, Ernest!