Want Blue or Black Chrome Plating

chrome paint   Gold Touch   J G Nikolas   M and M Metallizing

(2000)

I am restoring my motorcycle and would like to make it distinctive at the same time. I plan to have all the chrome on the bike redone but I would like to have it done with either a blue or black finish to it, similar to the effect that blueing causes in chrome.

I have had difficulty finding any companies that do this ...

... and am not sure that it is possible, can you please point me in the correct direction or tell me how else I could achieve this effect. Thank you.

AJ Sanders
NT, Canada

Chrome is a metal, AJ, and it is a bright metallic color. Black chrome plating is possible, but blue is not. You are probably thinking of a shiny and reflective blue paint finish that is actually not real chrome plating -- which is not to imply that the finish is no good, it's just not chrome, it's paint not metal. The finish is sometimes called "chrome-look paint" or "chrome-like paint". Good luck.