Need Stainless Knife Blackened

2000

I have a Spyderco knife --- Delica model 1/2 serrated 1/2 straight I'm looking for a company that can put some kind of a blackened finish on the blade ie: blackened stainless, teflon coated
I am in the U.S. Army and when I go to the field the glare of the stainless defies all camouflaging purposes.
If you can do it please let me know or if you know a company that can. Thanks Samer

Sam Mogannam
- Foster city, California

2000

Sam, If you can remove the blade from the handle, any gunsmith that has the ability to hot blue/black stainless can do this for you. They can also bead blast it to give it a dull finish, then hot blue/black. If you cannot remove the blade, carefully mask off the handle and bead blast the blade. If you like the look, fine. If not, the same gunsmith can do a cold blue/black. It is not as durable as hot, but beats shiny.

Jojo DeLancier
- Conway, Arkansas