Non-Cyanide Copper Plating as a Carburization Maskant

(2000)

I am doing research on the use of non-cyanide copper plating processes for use as maskant materials in carburizing. Can anyone tell me which companies are using non-cyanide plating and what specific processes/baths they are using? What are the biggest problems with the processes (besides bath maintenance, which I already know is much more intensive that cyanide-based plating)? Lastly, what thicknesses are used? Best Regards, Ken Litko

Kenneth Litko
- Chicago, Illinois USA

(2000)

My company sells a non cyanide copper primer as a substitute for copper cyanide baths. The formula is proprietary. I would be glad to assist you further if possible.

Terry Collins
Gold Touch Inc.
Cleveland, Ohio

gold touch