TiN & TiCN Removal Process

(2000)

I'm working on a project dealing with TiN and TiCN coatings that are applied through the PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) process. The coatings are being applied to a D-2 and Vanadis 4 tool steel. I'm having trouble stripping the coatings. I need something that will strip the coating without affecting the substrate. I heard that Hydrogen Peroxide along with some accelerant will strip the coating (?), but I don't know. If you have any solution that you would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

David Radermacher
- Morristown, TN

(2000)

Tungsten Carbide can be removed anodically in a solution of 100g/l Rochelle Salt at a pH of 9-10. Might be worth trying Regards Tom Kinsman

Tom Kinsman
- Burnley, UK