General Schematic Needed of Plating / Finishing Shops

(2000)

Dear Sirs: I am looking for a general schematic of a plating/finishing shop as background material. I am reviewing some potential recycling processes ...

Robert R. Odle
metallurgical testing - Greenville, South Carolina

(2000)

I suggest you might with to get a copy of the "Metal Finishing Guide Book". A reference book you should read would be the Electroplating Engineering Handbook edited by Larry Durney and available from several publishers. Cost of this book used to be about $100. I would hope that Ted Mooney would reply since he may have some better suggestions since this is his field of expertise.

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York

(2000)

Well, I don't have better suggestions, but I do have an additional one. The EPA authorized a number of technology transfer reports that have typical plating line layouts in them. These are inflationary times, Gene; $100 might get you an old and dog-eared copy of Durney's EEH.