Gloss Black Coating for Mufflers

(2000)

I am restoring a 1981 Yamaha Midnight Special motorcycle. It came with gloss black finished exhaust pipes which Yamaha no longer makes or stocks. I need to find someone to put a gloss black finish on two mufflers. I was thinking about powdercoat but, the mufflers may get too hot. I haven't been able to find anyone who could put a black chrome finish on them either. Is there a third option or does anyone know of a shop that can do this work?

Fred Williams
- Silverdale, Washington

February , 2007

Black chrome is not inexpensive but it can take the heat. Highland Plating offers it.

(2002)

Hi Fred,

I can not help you but maybe you can help me. I am also in the process of rebuilding a motorcycle like yours and I am looking for a manual to help me. Can you assist please.

Jan de Jager
- Kemptonpark, South Africa

(2003)

I too am restoring a XV 1000 midnight special the exhaust pipes on it a relatively new but one has been damaged and needs re-surfacing any help would be appreciated I have a manual on the xv 750 and 1000 twin cylinder models 1982 if that helps

James Smaling
- New Zealand