23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Need Company to Powder Coat Chair

(2000)

I have a bent plywood chair that I would like to have powder coated. I've heard that this might be possible, however, everyone I've spoken to over the phone says that the wood will burn up when it's fired. is this true, or ...

do you know of any companies that could do this small job? becca

Rebecca Citron
New York, New York
outdated

(2003)

You can't powder coat anything other than metal. It's an electro-static process and as wood is NON-conductive...

Testu Nagouchi
- NYC, New York

(2003)

Thanks for joining into the conversations at finishing.com, Testu, where readers like myself and yourself try to help others--and in the process of trying to help, we sometimes learn as well as teach. As you will discover, your answer on this particular occasion was not quite correct :-)

----
Readers: our advertisers make this site possible for technical information exchange & camaraderie; they will contact the inquirers privately regarding any commercial needs. Please appreciate that the site would drown in spam overnight if we posted offers to sell from people paying nothing.