Passivation Specification

adv.   stellar solutions banner

(2000)

Please advise is ASTM A967 the proper spec. to use for 17-4PH Stainless Steel? Passivation is the requirement from my customer. Thank You.

Mark Kruzel
- El Cajon, California USA

(2000)

ASTM A967 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] is certainly one of the specifications you can use, AMS2700 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] (a very similar document) being another. Heck, you can probably even use the olde QQ-P-35 [link is to free spec at Defense Logistics Agency, dla.mil], available off the web at assist.daps.mil, should you be so inclined.

Most often when my customer gives me a requirement, they give me a spec as well. If yours did not, my inclination would be to go with ASTM A967.

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist

----
Ed. note May 2012: That mil specs page has moved around countless times over the years, but is currently at assist.daps.dla.mil/quicksearch/
Ed. note May 2013: Make that quicksearch.dla.mil/