Corrosion Protection - Moist CO2/SO2

(2000)

I work for a coatings company that has designed a coating for electrical metallic tubing. One of the tests that the coating must pass is corrosion resistance in a moist carbon dioxide/sulfur dioxide-air environment. I have never heard of this test. Has anybody else? Does anybody know who performs this test?

Michael A. Koons
- Berea, OH USA

(2000)

Auto Technology, right nearby you in Strongsville, Ohio is a major manufacturer of salt spray test chambers. They will be able to clarify this test for you and tell you of labs that have the required chamber or what would be involved in your company installing one.

(2000)

Michael - I have a copy of the test I believe you are referencing. If you will give me your fax number,I'd be happy to send it to you. It includes CO2/SO2. Cindy Meade

Cynthia L. Meade
- Sylvania, Ohio, USA

(2001)

I would like to get a copy about the corrosion test of metals with CO2 and SO2.

Joe Shi
Visteon - Dearborn, MI, USA