-----

Aluminum articles turned dark in dishwasher using Cascade detergent

I have contacted the Cascade Co. and they told me they were required to remove phosphate from the detergent. I need to know what I can do to get my pans back to a bright appearance and our church's Lord's supper articles looking bright again. Thank you so much.
Minnie Sanner

Minnie Sanner
Homemaker/ church member - Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Hi, Minnie.

Aluminum should not be put in a dishwasher as the detergents are alkaline and will attack it. The aluminum needs to be polished. Get some Mother's Aluminum and Magnesium Polish, or equivalent, and polish the articles back to brightness. You may need a power buffer or at least a buffing pad on a power drill, as it's unlikely that you will have enough muscle grease to do it completely manually.

I want to thank you for your help. I'm looking forward to good results. I don't have a company- I'm a retired nurse and just did some research to solve my problem. Thanks again. Sincerely,

Minnie Sanner
- Fort Worth, Texas, USA