-----

Food-safe enamel repair for enamel-coated metal cooking pot

I have a vintage Dansk cooking pot that is metal with an enamel glaze inside and out. In a stupid attempt to straighten the rim that had become misshapen, the tool I used chipped a piece of the enamel off the exterior rim. I would like to repair the chip so it doesn't spread. I understand I need a food-safe enamel repair kit to "paint" the chipped area, but have not been able to locate such a thing. Suggestions most appreciated.

Merle Sprinzen
Consumer - New York, New York, USA

"Cold enamels" are useless for your object (most of them are 2 parts epoxy based). Theoretically your pot can be enameled in special kiln once more but who can do that for you is another question. And expensive too. Waterglass/chalk mixture can maybe be option but I am not sure that it will be ok. Hope it helps and good luck!

- Cerovski vrh Croatia

Go to the plumbing section and look for tub repair. This should serve as a minor fix it.

Robin Thede
metal finishing - Toronto, Ontario, Canada