-----

How to weld and polish aluminum after the anodizing process

How you doing? My name is Themi. I work for a welding company in Topsfield Mass. We just built aluminum railings and had them anodized. My problem is that we have to cut one post and move it in 4 inches. How can I polish the weld to look the same as the rest of the rails? I have to fix it so they can install it tuesday the 31st.

Themi Papadimitriou
welder/fabricator - Lynn, Massachusetts

Unfortunately, the anodize is more than just an appearance coating - it also prevents corrosion. Dependent upon how large an area you removed the anodize from, it WILL corrode later on differently than the anodized sections.

On the plus side, there are job shops that do on-site "brush" anodizing that come come to your site and anodize your aluminum back to the full level.

Jim Gorsich
Accurate Anodizing Inc.
Compton, California, USA
accurate anodizing banner