-----

Yellowing problems with spray on chrome system

Hi. I am a new owner of a spray chrome system. Does anyone out there know why all the parts turn yellow after a week or so after they are done? Seems the sun plays a big part in this problem ... went through the whole batch with no luck; everything turned.

I tried every way you can think of to stop it, even 4 pro painters tried also. By the book. still all yellows. I am out of product and scared to place another order from them ... can someone HELP ME. CAN'T seem to get anywhere with the company I got the system from -- out of business before I got started. THANKS. David

David Stone
yellowing in the chrome - Wilmington, Delaware

Hi, David. We don't recommend one supplier over another in this forum (why?), but you say you can't get help from the supplier, so see if another supplier has supplies that are compatible with the spray system you have. Banners for several are near the bottom of the page.

A. Hi, I'm Dave from SC, what we have found is water has to read 000 on a tds.

Next if it's sticky outside, heat each part with a hair dryer right before the clear; it's a balance: you do not want to overheat the part (the clear will dry too fast making it hard to get a gloss) also a good paint kept around 85-90 deg and you must control the wetness in the air.

Darrel Right
- Fort Mill, South Carolina