-----

How to repair a marred surface on my laminate counter top

My son had glue on the sleeve of his arm and he rested his arm on the countertop and subsequently left glue on the counter. He thought he would clean it up and used a soft scrubber that I use on my flat stovetop and marred the surface. He did not use any type of cleanser, just the scrubber. Is there any thing I can use to cover up that spot? He did not put deep grooves or deep scratches, it is just marred and it drives me nuts. Also, if we were to sell the house, I can't afford to replace the countertops ... any advice is appreciated.

Teresa Thompson
homeowner - Clancy, Montana

First of two simultaneous responses -- May 21, 2010

That is not my definition of a mar, but you might try wax on the surface as it will fill some of the tiny depressions.
There are contractors that can replace just a portion of the laminate and not the entire counter. Maybe you could put a mosaic in that spot.

Second of two simultaneous responses -- May 24, 2010

Well I suppose that would depend on which of a hundred different types of materials it happens to be made of and how bad the scratches are. A photo could help as well.

rod henrickson
Rod Henrickson
gunsmith - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada