-----

Scrubber design

Dear sir,
this is Shwetha, I need to design a horizontal scrubber with flowrate of 3500 cfm HCl content 400 ppm how do I go about it .

Shwetha H.D
Engineer - India

Hi, Mr. Shwetha. There are many whole books on this subject, but what you may not be aware of is that fume scrubbers are customarily purchased rather than designed in-house. This is a fairly small, probably stock, PVC scrubber that is easily purchased from a number of vendors. Good luck.

I would label that size unit as medium vs small. You also need to know if you need water flowing and what are you going to do with the contaminated water. Some units will add caustic to the flowing water for better elimination of tough acid fumes like nitric. You need to bring in a reputable consultant. I always liked having 3 different vendors visit the plant to see what other problems are there.

hi I'm working as refining officer in jewellery company. I know about vertical scrubber which we used for dilute nitrate fumes. for horizontal scrubber, your fume direction and water flow direction must be opposite to each other same in vertical scrubber.

Bhupesh Mulik
core jewellery - Mumbai