-----

How to evaluate the surface of plated coating after CASS test?

I have already finished CASS test (as ASTM B368 [affil. link]) for my plate coating product but now I don't know how to evaluate the result. I would like to know which standard (ASTM) that I can research the method to evaluate this.

Tan nguyen van
materials - Ha noi

Do you really have ASTM B368 [affil. link] completely, usually all industrial standard had evaluation section in it. Basically there is no red rust allowed on the surface, but depend on part you test there are some rate of percentage of rust allowed. Better you ask your customer to get right perception.

Joko Prasetyo Yuniartanto
- Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia

You did not state the type of finishing to your part. ASTM B368 [affil. link] ( Standard method for Copper-Accelerated Acetic Acid-Salt spray (Fog) Testing ) 9. Evaluation of results 9.1 states - A careful and immediate examination shall be made for the extent of corrosion of the dry test specimens: or for other failure as required by the specifications covering the material or product being tested; or by agreement between the purchaser and the supplier.
Different ASTM standard ( Different type finishing ) have different evaluation criteria.

SK Cheah
- Penang, Malaysia