It's Tuesday 01/18/22 & your Q or A is Welcome.
Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

"How to clean aluminium hollow rivets"

Current question:

Ed. note: Please!
No abstract questions.
Huh?

Q. Do you have any process for cleaning of Aluminium Rivets?

Rakesh Shah
- mumbai
^

A. Hi Rakesh. Please don't simply start over after an answer has already been offered, but tell us your situation and in what way Mr. Gargatti's answer was inapplicable or incomplete for your purposes. Will you be shipping the rivets after cleaning, or painting/powder coating them, or installing them, or what? -- it affects the suggested cleaning process.

I think Mr. Gargatti's answer was a good first step: use a centrifugal spin dryer to fling as much oil out as practical. Then you can optionally vapor degrease them in a basket if allowable and practical. Then you can put them a plating barrel and immerse them in a non-etch alkaline cleaning solution, followed by rinsing, then back into a spin dryer for drying.

^

Closely related Q&A's, oldest first:

Q. I am in the fasteners industry; these days I am facing a problem on HOW TO CLEAN ALUMINIUM RIVETS MADE ON HOLLOW HEADING M/C. as these rivets have a thin layer of mobil oil on their body and oil immersed in the hole, used in the machine. And I don't know how to clean them. Please help me & tell me about the chemical that can be used for cleaning purpose.

Devinder Wadhwa
fastener industry - Gurgaon, India
^

A. Dear Mr. Devinder Wadhwa,

the best way to clean Al. rivets is by centrifugal /spin dry method where in the oil in the hole can be removed /separated very efficiently,

best regards

Mahendra Gargatti
- BELGAUM, KARNATAKA, INDIA
^