Supplies for 1939 Vintage Electroplating Kit

2000

Hello I recently acquired a Warner Nu-way Electroplater, that as far as I can tell by the paperwork inside the box, is a 1939 vintage. My question is, can I still get any of the chemicals or compounds,like cadmium,silver,nickel,or copper. The stuff in these jars doesn't resemble what I assume should be a paste,(more like rocks, or worse..). I would like to use this machine for a restoration vehicle that I'm working on, so any input would be helpful. Thank you.

David T. Hagey
- Cove, Ore.

2000

The chemical salts or solutions used in the kit are presently considered toxic in nature (for the most part) and the wastes from all are highly regulated. This is no longer a do it yourself process. For matters of personal safety and the safety of others in your community you should not attempt to use the kit. It instead would be a nice collectible.

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York

You may be able to rejuvenate your plating compounds by adding distilled water. The compounds don't go bad, just lose moisture. Good luck.

Steve Lorincz
- Cleveland,Ohio USA