23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Cadmium Plating in Europe

(2000)

I was recently told that Europe has essentially done away with cadmium plating. Furthermore, I understand that they will not accept cad plated parts into the various countries even if that product was plated in the U.S.

Can anyone fill me in on what the real story is? Also, can anyone direct me to a written reference (law, public policy statement, etc) where this decision is in black and white? Michael Gibbs

Michael Gibbs
- South Windsor, Connecticut USA

(2001)

Michael; I am also looking for the "real story" regarding Europe's position on cadmium plating. I am particularly interested in any European legislation that would impact cadmium plating on electrical connectors.

Ed Penunuri
Glendale, Arizona USA

(2001)

Here is a read on part of the problem faced by finishers. I don't believe that you will find the entire answer in one neat package. It is a political problem as well as an environmental issue. www.finishing.com/library/EOL-vehicles.html

pooky tom pullizi signature