ACID ETCH and DESCALING OPERATIONS

(2000)

I work for a major Aerospace company. Three operations are being brought into my factory 1 acid etch, 1 Descaling operation and 1 acid swab. Nitric acid and sulfuric acid are the acids in my operations, what types of safety and environmental aspects should I be concerned with when designing the layout for this operation. Do these operations need to be scrubbed. Do I need a secondary containment around my tank. Any experiences will be helpful. Any disaster planning required?

-Mark

Mark Stolzenberg
- Bridgeport, Connecticut USA

(2000)

Most of the answers you are looking for depend on the amounts/concentrations, etc., and you haven't provided enough information to help. If you are not familiar with these operations, I suggest that you find a consultant (check out the links on this site, or in the ads in the trade journals like Metal Finishing).

James Totter
James Totter, CEF
- Tallahassee, Florida