23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Finishing Products for Copper Patina on Roof

(2000)

I wish to give my new copper roof on my bay window a green or blue-green patina.

Please explain what products are available. I understand one supplier has both a green patina product and a blue-green patina product. He also has a cleaner and topcoat sealer. Another supplier just has a green patina producing product and does not recommend a sealer.

Can you make a recommendation.

With Best Regards,

Chuck Winkler
- San Pedro, California, USA

(2001)

Incralac

Any bronze foundry can give you the manufacturer of patina products name and number. I am a professional patinea and make my own patina. I don't recommend that you do this. I do recommend that no matter what the product says about sealing, that you seal it anyway with a 1/4 to 3/4 mixture of lacquer thinner [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] and Incralac. A bronze foundry can give you the name of a manufacturer for this also. It should be applied with a sprayer. Hope I have been of some help.

Michele Smith
- Mason, Texas