23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Anodized Aluminum Lubricity

(2000)

Greetings fellow finishers: I need help finding info on adding lubricity to anodized aluminum. Does anyone know of a method (or supplier) that can help us meet mil spec. Mil-A-63576 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] - Aluminum Oxide Coatings,Lubricative,For Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys? I know teflon (PTFE) is often used, but I don't have any details. The part being processed is a light-duty gear that is currently finished off-shore. Thanks in advance for your help!

Victor Waldman
metal finishing. - Naugatuck, Connecticut

(2000)

Victor:

Indeed! There is a firm right in your New England area that makes such a product. They make a bonded teflon product that is applied by immersion, brushing on, or spraying from an aqueous solution. The company is RO-59 Inc. and I can supply you with their details if you contact me. One gallon of their material will coat about 1500 Sq.Ft. of metal. Drying with a warm air blower for about 15 minutes will bond the Teflon to the part.

ed budman
eb sig
Ed Budman
- Pennsylvania