-----

"One-part vs. two part epoxy for fiberglass boat?"

Hi I would like an opinion on putting epoxy on my fiberglass boat boot stripe. 1 or 2 part what is the difference in durability? one would cost less but is it better or as good thanks Fred

Fred Bach
captain - Key Largo, Florida
^

Hey Fred,
A friend of mine used a one part epoxy on his boat in New Jersey and had to re-due it again in a few years. The second time he coated the area with a two part system, and it has held up very well. The boat is obviously in dry dock during the winter months though. Personally, I would go with the 2 part epoxy for marine use.

process engineer - Malone, New York
^