Process Similar to Aluminium Anodizing but for Zinc?

I have not done any sort of metal finishing prior to this and I am still reading into it.
I was thinking about casting things out of Zinc and Aluminium at home, I know Al can be anodized to color it but is there a process similar to Aluminium anodizing but for Zinc,
Allowing the surface of the metal to be colored and protected just like Anodized Al.
Or could I electroplate the Zinc casting with Aluminium and then anodize that?

As you can probably tell I am a novice at these kind of things and would be pretty stuck without the internet.

Tony Walsh
Hobbyist - London, United Kingdom

Hi, Tony. Zinc can be anodized, but for corrosion resistance rather than aesthetics, and the process never really caught on because of practical difficulties.

I would suggest thinking about electrocoating or powder coating your zinc rather than trying to anodize it or plate it with aluminum. Good luck.